miércoles, 2 de septiembre de 2009

BBC Learning English Webpage


My first impression about the website was that it was very very BBC, it may sound a bit silly, but it is obviously true. BBC has a very personal way to put their items in the layout. And also, it is very similar to the news BBC page that I currently see. And it very simple and elegant. Somethimes a little bit boring.
About the site in particular. In my rackom I liked what I saw. Im very interested in improve my talking skills. So pronunciation is way so important for me. This is why I went straight away to the part of Grammar Vocabulary and Pronunciation. There I founded a professor. She is called Alex Bellem, who help us to understand the english produnciation of southern england (maybe london). And she said that we dont need to talk with a native english accent, is okay for us to talk with our own accent but always speaking clearly and understandable. So this way we should have a fluid conversation with anyone.
What most i liked of this web site is that is very actualized! It have news that are currently happening around the world. The videos are actuals and they are always renovating and throwing new material online. This make you put more interest on the web site because is not like an oldfashion english.
And also, it have a lot of entretaining items to go inside. For example it have a part called "Beat the Keeper". That is a game where you have to beat a football keeper by answering some simple english questions.
Flatmates is like a "drama serie" but in toons. It tell us about the life of 4 Flatmates. It is in Youtube but unfourtainly this is already over. But we still can watch the old episodes in Youtube.
And the last one that called my attention was a track that was speaking about the Linking words in English. Like a cupoftea! meaning a cup - of - tea but in a fluid conversation we would say: would you give me a cupoftea? or we can say something like this "friedeks" wich means fried eggs.

Well it is an interesting site. And it is very easy to explore. And i think that is very useful. So i hope improve my spoken skills visitng it.

Until next Time.
Seb

2 comentarios:

Daniela dijo...

Hi Sebastian, I don´t think that website is boring. i like it. it is very consistent with the BBC news, i really like that it was simple and elegant. maybe if it was more funny, it could not like to same public.
regards...

Flández Rodrigo dijo...

Hi sebastian, I watch the part that you mentioned about the pronunciation in English, in fact, I browsed in that part of the website all the time because the symbols for the pronunciation taok my atention, it's a very structured and methodic for to show the informetion, even it coul be a little boring, But it's an easier manner to aproach to the English

Publicar un comentario